6 Things That Make Me Happy
And, since I’m posting all sorts of randomness today, let’s do the Six Things That Make Me Happy meme. Let’s do the six things that are making me happy *today*.
1. Fresh cinnamon bread. I just made some today, and there is just about nothing better than fresh cinnamon bread right out of the oven.
2. Exercising. I went for a nice little jog/sprint/workout today in the cemetery near my house (it’s HUGE, it’s like a park) and I felt so good! I ran to the very top of the hill and was rewarded with the amazing view of the entire San Francisco Bay, including the Golden Gate Bridge. Must bring my camera up there sometime.
3. Fresh clean sheets. I did laundry today and I can’t wait to get into bed with fresh, clean, fluffy flannel sheets. It’s the best feeling.
4. My new red owl painting. He is on the wall, making me very happy everytime I see him. I can’t wait to make the next one. Although now I remember why I get so afraid of painting — I’m totally afraid I won’t be able to do it again. That’s such a terrible feeling, to follow up success with failure. But we’re talking happy things here. Right. Happy.
5. Rainy days, and the day after the rainy day. I love rainy days best of all, but it’s closely followed by the day AFTER the rainy day, when everything is fresh and clean and sparkling and the air is so sweet. I just love it. That’s what today was, the day AFTER the rainy day.
6. Neighborhood cats. Once again we live in a neighborhood full of really cute cats. There’s the little orange and white one across the street, the little Burmese pretties next door, the little old man kitty who walks away from his house and then yowls for his owner to come get him (which she does, which is adorable), and my favorite, Mr. Tom Cat, whom I have seen all over the neighborhood but most recently on our back porch. He is very friendly and loves being petted, and would have loved to come in and see what our girls were having for lunch today. What a cutie.