1. Wow, I am really behind on comments-commenting, and catching up on blog-reading. I had to finish up my book club book, “Madapple” by last night when a fellow bookclubber was going to borrow my book, so I had a deadline. Hopefully tonight I’ll spend some time catching up.
2. Our little kitty had a mini-seizure last night, poor thing. It was just a little one, but apparently can happen with cancers. Thankfully she didn’t seem to know anything had happened and is fine today. Breaks my heart, but we are so thankful to have this time with her.
3. It has been HOT. I have to say, the blackout curtains in the bedroom made a huge difference. The cats were grateful (as were we!).
4. I am going to sew today (dammit). I have two pillow covers, some pj bottoms and an easy quilt to make. I have to first stop by the thrift shop, however, to get a blanket to fill the quilt. I’m going old-school easy on this one.
5. And lastly, I have been seized by the music bug. A bunch of favorites are coming to play in Oakland this fall: Bon Iver, Echo & the Bunnymen, the Pixies… sooooo tempting. I’d like to see at least one show, I haven’t been to see music in forever.
That’s all. Now I’m off to start the day and get some stuff done! Terri has a PET brain scan tomorrow and has to eat a low-to-zero carb/high protein diet the rest of today and tomorrow until the scan. Kinda difficult for a vegetarian with selective (ahem) tastes, but we’ll figure it out. Just one day. The PET scan should be interesting (I think it’s actually a SPECT scan? I could be wrong). Oh, the joy of medical tests.