in which our author has an Idea
So, I’m sure other people have thought of this before me, but I saw Eva’s post with the adorable pink cottage, and got to thinking: wouldn’t it be fun to have a book blogger retreat? Nothing like BlogHer or anything crazy like that, but something warm and intimate and cozy.
So I was thinking, what if I organized something actually relaxing? Like a slumber party for grownup girls who love books? The only criteria would be that you needed to love books, and either love reading book blogs or have one of your own. (I wouldn’t be real strict about this)
(eventually I would love to do a week-long summer camp for book lovers. Now wouldn’t THAT be fun!)
My loose idea:
- Rent a lovely cottage or house somewhere fun, like Calistoga. Something like this?
- That way, there are plenty of spa experiences available for those who want them. I could organize a few day trip options.
- Lounging at the cottage (maybe there would be a pool?) would also be an option.
- Other activities could include a “book club” where we all read a specified book in advance and then one evening have a “meeting” where we talk about the book in detail.
- Book swap?
- Book art project?
- Perhaps it might be arranged around an author-speaking date?
- Lots of time for reading!
- Game of Authors in the evening
- Featuring of course fabulous food and coffee and literary gossip and possibly book-theme movie-viewing
I don’t know many bloggers here on the west coast, but I *could.* And maybe this could be enticing enough to lure folks from elsewhere.
Thinking, thinking, thinking…