- I’m all out of books. I’m so lost without them. I know you were right, believing for so long... wait. That’s not right. That’s Air Supply. I need Book Supply. I have a giant stack of books that need to go back to the library today. Most of them were what I call “browsing books,” you know, the sort where you don’t exactly read them, but you flip through, read a bit here and there, but not enough to review. Which reminds me: I still have to review Tao of Pooh! D’oh. Anyway. I had a bunch of art books, Be Here Now, a silly self-help book or two (I like to flip through them to get me thinking, but usually find them too silly to actually read). And now I am out of books. I do have Ghost In Love, which I think I’ll read next, but yes. A trip to the library is in order today.
- Yesterday I worked my hiney off. I did: a 3-mile walk, a giant trip to the laundromat to wash all our bedding (the washer at home is too small for blankets/comforters), a full vacuum, washed the kitchen floor, wiped down the bathroom, cleaned the bedroom, new sheets on the bed. I also made this amazing lower-fat banana bread, which is seriously better than any of the regular-fat banana breads I’ve made recently. I used Earth Balance and actually replaced half of that with applesauce, making it even moister and lower fat. It was even better this morning.
- We watched the first half of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane last night (before the internet connection conked out, which was just as well as it was getting late). Such fabulous American gothic. Love it! I want to be Baby Jane for Halloween next year.
- Our little Katie-girl was feeling under the weather yesterday. This little 16-year-old cutie has chronic renal failure, which means she goes through periods of feeling seriously yucky, poor thing. Yesterday was one of them. However, by the end of the night, she was perking up and by this morning, is back to her old self. Elderly kitties are so sweet and wonderful, but it’s often scary and heartbreaking too. So glad to see her chomping away at her breakfast and hobbling around (she also has bad arthritis and a wobbly knee). She is a fighter.
- It’s amazing outside today. I hope we can get out. We may have wiped out Terri’s energy reserve (paltry at best) on Friday with our trip to the ocean, but I’m hoping we can get out, even just to the park to plop down with some blankies in the sun. Sooooo gorgeous out there. I’d love to go out to Livermore to look at the town and the houses today but I think that might be pushing it (an understatement). Maybe next weekend.
Wishing so much that we were already in whatever new home we are going to have… today would be a perfect day for a hammock or lounge chair, a big pile of books and a couple rounds of throwing the ball for a dog. Next spring/summer, that is what we shall be doing. I know it. (maybe even later this summer!)