How’d I Do?
- Create a recipe card for this site. Uh, nope. But I thought about it.
- Make a cherry pie from fresh sour cherries (did I miss the season?) Yes! Well, I used jarred cherries, but not cherry-pie-filling. It was very good. And now gone.
- Go look at about five different houses that we’re interested in. No, but we did a bunch of looking online…
- Read three books (I am really behind in my reading this year. distracted much?) Well, dang. I meant to finish at least one, but I got so busy with everything else that I didn’t. I think this is a theme, here.
- Sew something. Skirt? Thrift-store quilt? I didn’t complete anything, but I started work on the quilt, so I think that counts.
- Decide on an art class for fall (this one I might be able to accomplish) Oh, was I going to do this? Oh well.
- oh, and sleep the entire weekend. Not.
So, I made the cherry pie and then family came over on Saturday. So that was pretty much Saturday.
Sunday we did this and that and talked a lot about houses. I did some work on some computer projects and we watched a movie and made grocery lists. It was a relaxing, but not very productive day.
Monday I started work on my thrifted-sheet quilt. I’m very excited about this. I probably won’t get to sew it until next week since this weekend I’m going up to Oregon for a visit, but I think it’s going to be great. I can’t remember how to bind the darn thing, though. Will need to call it in to my mom for some help. 🙂
I have a huge stack of books but I have been kind of busy and I’m also trying to get more sleep. So those two factors mean I’ve not been reading as much as I would like. Still, I’m enjoying life a bit more these days so that’s an acceptable tradeoff. Book-guilt is heavy, however. More reading coming soon.