Final List Of The Week: Top 10 Skills I Wish I Had, But Probably Never Will
Ok fine, I finally made up my own damn list.
1. Ride a horse really well and throw a lasso. I can ride horses (sort of) but I think I’ll probably never be a cowgirl.
2. Be uber-organized. I’m a Virgo, so I’m semi-organized at all times, but I lack the uber-organization gene. I’m a piler, not a filer. I like rules but I also like to break rules. That ends up looking like this: I have drawers (shelves, closet racks, computer files) organized by contents (STRICTLY organized by contents — contents DO NOT MIX). But within the drawers, it’s a jumble. For instance, I have my art drawers highly organized by paper, pens, misc. art supplies, tools, etc. But all my tools are just tossed in the drawer. Being too strict makes my head hurt.
3. Make decent scrambled eggs. I don’t know why I can’t do this. I suck at making scrambled eggs.
4. Cut my own hair. Some women can do this, and they look great. I would not be one of them. I can, however, cut Terri’s hair. No small feat.
5. Start a fire with no matches.
6. Make charming small talk. God I suck at small talk.
7. Knit socks. Because how cool is that?
8. Apply liquid eyeliner. I have tried and tried and tried. I always end up messing it up and having to fix it with a Q-Tip. Annoying. Or is that just how it’s done?
9. Operate heavy machinery, like a caterpillar or a backhoe. Anything involving wearing a hardhat.
10. Follow directions that start out with, “First you drive north for two blocks, then you go southwest for about three more blocks, and finally you head west.” WTF?
There you have it. List Week. Next up: another Really Bad Book Review.