Tired yet of me talking about the house and everything? Me neither! Onward!
- Man oh man is it nice to have our own washer and dryer. Check it out: the hamper gets full. We wash clothes. Right then. It’s astounding.
- Cleo the cat is having such a good time watching all the wildlife that I feel bad for depriving her of this for so long. She remains frightened of flies, however. I know. She’s a big, bad cat.
- Speaking of wildlife, I went outside this morning and saw that some big, heavy, DIRTY animal had bedded down on one of the lawn lounge chair cushions. Sooooo dirty and muddy. Yuck. They didn’t bother the one closest to the house, so I guess I’ll move it back (or retire it after this heat wave is over). I’m hoping the cushions are hose-able. Filthy.
- Although the roses and lilacs are wilting in the heat, the weeds are doing just fine. I think after it’s not 1,000,000 degrees outside, I will attack them and then see about some sort of mulch. I haven’t had a yard to take care of in a really, really long time. I feel like I’m learning everything all over again. Some of the weeds are pretty and I can’t identify them yet. I guess we’ll just see if they start taking over or not.
- Also, not having huge staircase to contend with for groceries, laundry, etc? Fabulous. The stairs were torture for Terri, and a giant pain for me, especially when I had to carry something heavy. Now it’s just two steps and we’re inside. Love.
- The peace of mind knowing that Terri and the cats were cool when it was 105 here yesterday was also a big relief. Hooray for a/c.
- Did I mention I went to the library over the weekend? What a great library. I feel so lucky.
I am feeling so grateful and happy these days. Even a big long commute isn’t dampening my spirits (yet). I almost feel greedy, overflowing with good things. This kitchen! This yard! A washing machine! A dishwasher! Birds! Squirrels! A quiet neighborhood! It’s almost too much. But I’ll take it all, all of it. Too much stress and hard things happening in the past few years. Sometimes, when I was feeling really bad, I feared it would never get better. So I am just bubbling over with gratefulness about the good things happening right now. Everything feels like a gift.
Except this tummy bug, keeping me home today. That gift I would like to return, please. Yuck.