I’m not one for goals, generally. Sure, every once in awhile I pull one out, set it down, look at it, and maaaaaaybe work on it for awhile. In terms of accomplishment, I think I should be more of a goal-setter but actually I’m more spontaneous. I wait around and then all of a sudden, find something I want to do or make or accomplish, and that’s that. I do it. But generally, my life is full enough without adding more stuff on top of it.
That’s neither here nor there. What I wanted to talk about was this weekend ahead. I have had, for various reasons, a string of crummy weeks. I’m ready for some really good rejuvenation. This weekend is supposed to be cold, wet, windy, and all around very stormy. I was planning on doing a lot of outside work but apparently my plans have been derailed by Mother Nature. So. How to relax this weekend? Here’s my plan (small goals, if you will):
- Take at least one long hot bath
- Stay up late reading, and then sleep in.
- Get some work done on my new owl painting (green! with a golden owl!)
- Do just enough housework so I can relax (is anyone else like this? if the carpet is vacuumed, kitchen is clean, and bathrooms wiped down, I’m good to go. Otherwise I get all antsy about it.)
- Work on my new graphic design website (as long as it’s fun. If it starts to get frustrating, I’m done. I think it will be fun.)
- Make some cookies.
- Replace a brake light on the car (being a grease monkey is fun, as long as it’s an easy job like this)
- Watch some movies on Netflix.
- Make something yummy from Moosewood.
- Maybe do something about the dangerously high piles of magazines and books on my side of the bed.
Seriously, I have a bunch of un-fun crap I need to do, but I *think* if I just do a minor amount of pre-work and reminder-setting, I can put it off until next week. Because I really, really, really need to feed my soul this weekend. Today was better, but I’m kind of empty. I got nuthin’. Enthusiasm for un-fun tasks is pretty much running on “E.”
So this list sounds like just enough ‘get stuff done’ so that my Virgo self can relax, and a lot of other enjoyable things.
But really, if all I get done is sleep, read, paint and bake, that would be a pretty good weekend too.