doing: a whole lotta nothing
July 14, 2011
- We may have finally (25+ samples on the wall later…) chosen our bedroom color. Last night, we decided on a nice smoky gray-blue (Pratt and Lambert Meditation) for the wall behind the bed, and something lighter on the rest of the walls. Now we just have to decide between a very light blue or a cream/stone paint for the other walls. But I think that won’t take long. Then we can prime over the incredible rainbow that is on the walls currently, and get something nice up! Very excited about this.
- Have started reading Game of Thrones. I didn’t know this was a book. I’m totally hooked. Sorry, giant TBR pile… you’ll have to wait until I get through 700+ pages of medieval fantasy.
- Still love the couch. Oh, couch. You are soooooo comfy.
- Finn and Thomas are still figuring out how to get along. We have them separated by a baby gate all the time (except for the times when one of them slips through if we open the gate). Finn still hisses and growls at Thomas, and Thomas still gives Finn giant big sad eyes (and then stalks him when his back is turned). They are pretty funny. We’re waiting for the growling to subside before letting them go nose-to-nose without the babygate, but Finn is pretty scared of Thomas so it might take awhile. That’s okay. He’s such a sweet boy. Both of the boys are sweet and adorable… hooray for kitty-love!
- My dad and his girlfriend arrive this afternoon for a short visit. My dad is going to compete in a Master’s track meet this Saturday — attempting a new world record for his age group! Go, Dad! Unfortunately, this means we have to clean the house today. Aw, do we hafta?
- For the rest of my vacation, I’m planning on a) enjoying our guests and b) doing nothing. Most of my projects are done, and I have a really good book, and five more days to enjoy it. So from here on out: no more projects. It’s a vacation within a vacation!
This has been an excellent period of time off. It felt like a real summer vacation (except for the fact that it’s back down to 70 degrees during the day… what is up, weather??) I’ll be sad to go back to work next Tuesday, but I think I really, really needed this time off. I do have to start going to bed earlier, though, or I will DIE next week.