August 23, 2011
- I want to quit my office job and go work at a bakery. Or, preferably, a cheese shop. Or something similarly simple and product-0riented. (please note: I love my job and my company. I just really hate working in an office. Even a nice office.)
- The self-imposed To-Do list feels way too overwhelming.
- The accompanying guilt, of knowing I’m not doing The List, is also overwhelming.
- I am sure I am not “living up to my full potential.” And frankly, well, too bad.
- I realize we’ve had gardenburgers for dinner (with BBQ sauce and avocadoes) 9 out of the past 10 nights. (could be worse)
- I remember that I have, on occasion, a temper, a short fuse, and a smart mouth. (best to keep these out of sight at work)
- Home and garden magazines seem designed to point out how very unskilled and inexperienced I am with home-fixing, gardening, cooking. I have decided that Sunset Magazine is too ritzy for me.
- My own bad attitude shocks me.
- My faults seem to loom much larger than any so-called gifts.
One of those days. In progress. Everything is fine, except me. (but seriously, the Northern CA version of Sunset is so snooty lately. It’s beautiful but so yuppified that I can’t find anything in it I relate to, not even recipes. Sunset, are you listening? Bring back hippie DIY cheap goodness, please!)