October 31, 2011
- The bedroom is *almost* painted. Some touch-up today and then later we will need to do the trim, but can I just say how freaking great it is that the whole room is one single color? Love it. Photos soon.
- Thanks for all the input on the wardrobe. The consensus says: skirts and dresses are IT this winter. As an experiment, I may wear skirts and dresses all this week to see how it goes. I need more dresses. Thrift stores are great for that.
- According to the weather man, we have one more day (today) of glorious Northern California fall weather (80 degrees and sparkly sunshine) and then the chill will set in. I am happy about both of these things. I’m enjoying the pretty weather, and I’m really looking forward to the real autumn weather, to which I look forward every year. Let’s hear it for sweaters!
- It’s Halloween and if the neighborhood decorations this year are any predictor, we will get more kids this year than we did last year. Seriously, so many dressed up houses. I’m impressed. I did not do a pumpkin this year but I did get a nice little bronze one, which we’ll light as our “open for business” sign. We have to get candy today. We still have no Halloween candy. What is wrong with us.
- I’ve had to go in to work the past two Mondays and can I just say that I love having Mondays off? I have a lot to do today, but I am soooo glad to be home.
- Bookclub was a success. We all agreed that The Lantern was a missed opportunity for a much better book.
That’s about it. I need to take some photos of the bedroom and will try to remember to do some fashion shots this week as well. It’s also the autumn bird season in our backyard and Terri is taking so many adorable photos. I will see if I can borrow a couple from her.
Happy Halloween, all. I’m going to celebrate by reading more of Danse Macabre and going to the library to pick up We Have To Talk About Kevin, which just came in for me! I can’t wait to read this.