Hi there. Thanks for stopping by!
Here’s pretty much what you need to know about The Person Writing This Blog:
- I like books. A lot. I read. A lot. (maybe not as much as some other bloggers, but enough) My favorites usually have something supernatural or slightly fantastic, maybe a little bit dark (or a lot dark). I like old books best. I’ll read just about anything, except crappy chick-lit or bad romance. Realizing there are exceptions to every rule, I will read good chick-lit and decent romances. I like YA and urban fantasy. I love Charles de Lint, Neil Gaiman, Margaret Atwood and Ruth Reichl.
- I like to make art. I have a BA in Art and Graphic Design, not that it really matters. I like to mess around. I don’t have much confidence, but I try hard. I’m trying to try harder, if you know what I mean.
- I like to cook. Lately this has been difficult as my beloved partner has ME/CFS. This systemic illness affects nearly every system in the body, including digestion, so we are currently puzzling out what to eat that doesn’t make things worse. In any case, we’re vegetarian, I like to bake and try new things, and sometimes I post about it.
- We live in an adorable 1950s house in the outer East Bay, CA. I love this house with all my heart. Buying a home is a long-time dream come true and it makes me very, very happy.
- I love comments and will always try to respond!
That’s about it. I’m nice. I try hard. I do too much. Don’t we all? You can email me directly if you like. I’m friendly! Sometimes I take awhile to check this email address. If you want to be friends, just ask for my regular email!